III. Director of the CMB Program:
A. Procedure for election and removal:
- A Director-elect is elected by the end of the fall semester in the final year of the term of the Director.
- Election of the Director-elect requires a simple majority of the CMB Faculty who return a ballot within 2 weeks of the start of the election process.
- The Director-elect assumes office on the last day of the Spring semester and then serves a three-year term as Director.
- The Director can be removed from office at any time by resignation or by a two-thirds vote of the CMB Faculty acting as a committee of the whole. In either event, if the Director steps down during his/her third year of office, the Director-elect assumes the Directorship to serve a three year term. If the Director steps down during the first or second year of office, the Chair of the Academic Committee will act as Interim Director of the CMB program until he/she can arrange for the election of a new Director. This should be accomplished as soon as possible.
B. Duties of the Director of the CMB Program:
- To call meetings of the CMB Faculty.
- To execute decisions of the CMB Faculty acting as a committee of the whole.
- To coordinate the functions of subcommittees.
- To staff the various CMB courses in consultation with the Academic Committee and the Chairs of the participating departments.
- To act as spokesperson for the CMB Program in meetings with the Provost/Academic Vice President, the Dean of the Graduate School, the Deans of the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences; College of Natural Science; College of Agricultural Sciences; and College of Applied Humans Sciences, and other administrative officers of the University.
- To appoint ad hoc committees, unless the membership is otherwise specified by the CMB Faculty acting as a committee of the whole.
- To appoint members to the Seminar and Admissions Committees as outlined in Section VII.
- To oversee elections of members to the Academic and Research Committees as described in Sections VII.
- To prepare and submit an annual budget and annual report to the CMB faculty, the Provost/Academic Vice President, the Dean of the Graduate School, the Deans of the participating Colleges, and other administrative officials following approval of the budget and report by the Steering Committee.