Pre-Application for the Cell and Molecular Biology Graduate Program
There are two steps to the application process for admission to graduate study in the Cell and Molecular Biology Graduate Program (CMB) at Colorado State University. Step 1 involves a “pre-application” directly to the program. This pre-application is used to (a) provide the applicant with a more rapid evaluation of his or her status and (b) delay the remission of the required fee until after the department has decided on their recommendation for admission. Step 2 is the official application to the Graduate School.
Step 1: Departmental Pre-Application
Prospective graduate students are expected to complete the CMB Pre-Application Form and provide additional items (see below), and then wait for a status advisement before moving to Step 2, the Graduate School application process.
Once the Pre-Application Form is submitted the applicant will receive an e-mail prompting them submit the CMB supplemental materials. Applicants will be asked to email the following as a pdf:
- Copies of transcripts (in English) (GPA of 3.0 or higher).
- Copies of general GRE (verbal, quantitative, and analytical) taken within the last two years. General GRE exam scores are required before pre-applications will be reviewed.
- TOEFL scores. (For international applications only)
Note that the minimum TOEFL or IELTS score acceptable to the University for admission is 80 (internet based)/215 (computer exam)/550 (paper exam).
- Personal statement of interest and qualifications that addresses your career goals as they relate to the CMB research focus area(s) you are interested in (Maximum 2 pages).
- Three reference letters that speak to your interest in science, leadership and business; these should be emailed to the CMB@Colostate.Edu by the recommender.
Applications will be reviewed by the PSM Admissions Committee after all of the above items have been submitted. Applicants recommended for admission will be notified and advised to proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Official Graduate School Application
Applicants recommended for admission will be provided with instructions for completion of the official Graduate School Application (https://wsnet.colostate.edu/apply/Login.aspx). IMPORTANT. No applicant in Step 1 should proceed to Step 2 without notification of recommendation for admission.
Special Advisement to Foreign Student Applicants
Proof of financial support is required before a student visa can be issued. Satisfactory proof of finances covering all required expenses must be provided before Colorado State University will issue an I-20 or IAP-66.
Full consideration for admission and financial support for the Fall 2014 will be given to those who complete their application before January 1.